Better than KFC, my drumsticks in Gari, citron, herbs and spices
I extend a warm and grateful welcome to new subscribers(e)s
All of you, who have just joined the Envolées Gourmandes universe ...
- Anniepocki2… and the others
Feel free to send me pictures of your achievements, to leave comments on the blog, to ask me questions and of course to subscribe your loved ones here to receive recipes, photos, tricks, surprises and keep you informed of our news.
Better than KFC, my drumsticks in Gari, citron, herbs and spices, here are my DFCs (Douala Fried Chicken)
Stop Searching For KFC's Fried Chicken Recipe, try and adopt my Gari coated chicken. Le gari, is one of the variants of cassava * and a semolina of which I give details here. Click on this link Gari and that's it !
For 2 to 4 people
Preparation : 15 minutes / 30 at least minutes of rest
Baking : 15 minutes
What you need
– 7 pylons
– 7 tablespoon gari (you will find it in tropical stores, in some organic shops and on the Net too- manioc)
– 4 tablespoon of almond drink (or coconut…or another milk of your choice)
– 3 tablespoon cassava flour
– 1 lemon bio (green or yellow)
– 2 tablespoon Provence herbs (sarriette, origan, rosemary, marjolaine, thyme)
– 1 tablespoon paprika
– 1 tablespoon semolina garlic
– 1 tablespoon semolina onion
– 1 tablespoon Penja white pepper. more information here
– 1 teaspoon of bobimbi washer, shaft garlic). More information here
– 1 1 tsp ground ginger
- From sea salt
- From the frying oil (Neutral oil)
Realization of the recipe
- Wash drumsticks. Cut slits. Salt the chicken carefully. Add half the lemon zest and the fruit juice)
- Marinate chicken at room temperature, with milk for 30 minutes minimum
- Mix half the herbs and spices with the cassava flour and the gari. Book.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl keeping the almond juice
- Place chicken in another bowl and put the 2e half spices (herbs and spices) on the drumsticks. Mix well.
- Add 1/3 flour and spicy Gari covering well the pieces
- Beat 2 eggs with milk (almond drink) remaining and reserved
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture / milk (almond drink)
- Then roll them in the rest of the flour and spicy Gari so that they are well covered all over
- Heat the oil in a suitable container or a fryer
– Fry the drumsticks, from all sides (between 12 to 20 minutes depending on size pieces), add the rest of the lemon zest and bon appétit !!!
A beautiful golden color and is ready !!!
Tips / Advice / Information variants
* Place drumsticks on paper towels to remove excess oil
* For a spicy version of, replace the paprika by cayenne pepper
* For crisp yet, mix 5 tbsp of Gari with the spices and flour and add the last tbsp on the seasoned chicken just before frying
SOME INFORMATION ON CASSAVA
Cassava or yuca is a species of native plants of Central America and South America, especially the southwestern Amazon Basin.
Its name comes from a Tupi myth which tells how the goddess Mani, white skin, established his home (father) in the root of the plant – hence the words : Hands-goose and Tapioca – tapioca being a manioc derivative.
It was widely used by the settlers because of its high resistance to drought, its high profitability, but it was also to feed the slaves cheaply.
cassava, imported from Brazil in the sixteenth century, became in the & rsquo; a few decades the staple food of many African populations
Cassava is particularly well suited to the soil and climate of Africa, and it is consumed today in sub-Saharan Africa.
Indeed, Cassava can simply poor soils and very low rainfall. In addition, it can be harvested all year. Cassava also holds the record for highest efficiency in calories harvested per hectare, among all food crops except sugar cane.
There are two varieties of cassava, one of which can be fatal, because of the presence of cyanide in the roots : that is why it should be washed well with water the tubers before preparing.
- Sweet Cassava: grown for local consumption in its tubers;
- Bitter Cassava: mainly used for the preparation of starch and other derivatives.
IT IS RECOMMENDED TO NOT EAT RAW CASSAVA
Cassava and its derivatives (including tapioca not contienent gluten, this is a product to include in the diet of people with celiac disease or intolerant to gluten.
The high starch content cassava makes it easily digestible, it will also help regulate the problems of diarrhea or & rsquo; colon irritation.
Rich in carbohydrates
L & rsquo; high intake of carbohydrates cassava starch makes it easy to integrate with meals, it may for example replace the potato or semolina s & rsquo; it is consumed in the form of cassava flour.
Consumed as fresh root and bio-processed products, cassava provides a rich source of energy, protein, vitamins and minerals for millions of people, particularly in the rapidly growing cities of the region.
Nigeria remains the world heavyweight but its production would be down in 2017. On the other hand, Ghana, Côte d & rsquo; Ivoire and to a lesser extent Mozambique are progressing.
Cassava Production : l & rsquo; Africa and the world
|2014||2015||2016 (is.)||2017 (prev.)|
|World||276 766||276 995||278 754||277 957|
|Africa||154 900||152 833||155 398||155 962|
|Nigeria||56 328||57 643||57 855||55 000|
|Ghana||16 524||17 213||17 798||19 139|
|Benign||4 067||3 421||4 096||4 150|
|Ivory Coast||4 239||5 087||4 548||5 367|
|RD Congo||16 817||15 300||15 200||14 550|
|Angola||7 639||7 727||7 788||7 140|
|Mozambique||12 700||8 103||9 100||10 920|
|Tanzania||4 993||5 886||6 000||5 500|
|Uganda||2 812||2 898||2 400||2 450|
|Malawi||5 013||4 997||5 000||5 050|
|Cameroon||4 836||5 000||5 170||5 345|
|Rwanda||3 117||3 000||3 060||3 200|
|Madagascar||2 930||2 677||2 629||2 700|
|other Africa||12 885||13 881||14 753||15 451|
|Latin America||32 334||32 399||32 908||29 407|
|Asia||89 365||91 689||90 274||92 418|
|Source : FAO|
Global cassava production is expected to decrease slightly 2017, to reach 278 Mt, after two decades of uninterrupted growth. According to FAO, this is due to droughts, to lower prices and to policy changes.
The manioc fait partie des cultures de base to s & rsquo; étendues être très rapidement to & rsquo; Montgomery et world here représente the & rsquo; une des plus importantes sources of calories in les régions tropicales, after rice and maize, says FAO
According to FAO, Central Africa provides one third of all agricultural cassava production in Africa. The largest producers are Nigeria, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo. In Cameroon, for example, cassava is widely grown and harvested throughout the year as an annual. The country consumes 60% of 5 million tons it produces annually, the third is intended for animal consumption. Ngoulemakong, a joint located 170 km from Yaounde, Cameroon, is one of the main production areas of the country with its 7600 tonnes annually
The lyrical and delicious collection (Price of the Paris Fair 2019) is still on sale
- To Paris and its region At BMK Paris Bamako , 14 street loyalty 75010 (East Metro Station)
- For Senegal at https://jababi.com/produit/mon-imprecis-de-cuisine/
- For Gabon at https://www.facebook.com/Lespetitspotsogooue/
- To send a message to Cameroon https://www.facebook.com/Afrolifestyle-1878465555810282/ or https://www.facebook.com/sophie.engome.9
#Delivery worldwide. Let me your order and contact information
#Want a dedication? Let's meet in Paris
#To make an appointment, email@example.com
See you soon…
Nathalie Brigaud Oum
Author of My imprecise kitchen. /Home chef / Creations revenue and content / Workshops cooking and writing for businesses and individuals
Culinary Consulting / Education / Business, restaurateurs, educational institutions, special?
In France or elsewhere in the world ?
I hope you ...